Friday, July 1, 2011

Note to self, you hate cinnamon.

I made this "thin mint cake" today with butter cream icing.  I got the cake recipe and frosting recipe from a blog: http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2011/
THIN MINT CAKE
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 cup water
2 sticks butter (softened)
4 eggs
1/2 ripe banana
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. + 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil


Heat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a mixer on low for thirty seconds, then increase speed to medium and mix until just combined.



It has cinnamon in it.  I made it with cinnamon in it.  I hate cinnamon.  It's gross in 99% of the stuff it's in.  I wanted to like this recipe, I really did.  I also tried the ribbon or ruffle frosting technique on this cake.  I sort liked the way it looked.  Apparently, I need an Ateco 401 tip to get this just right.  Sadly, I didn't like the way this cake tasted!  Note to self, no cinnamon in the future and leave out the banana too!
So, what to you think?  Banana in a mint cake with cinnamon?  As for the decorating, I'm a beginner, be KIND!

No comments:

Post a Comment